[mythtv] MythRecipe resurrection

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 07:29:29 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 9:41 PM, Kevin Wambsganz <wambs at verizon.net> wrote:
> So, given that it may be a month or so, till the Mythui is ready for the
> plugins stuff, I'll go ahead and do the web based interface for MyhthRecipe
> first.
>
> The first web page is the most difficult, of course, I have to learn both
> PHP and the structure of the existing mythweb stuff. So far, I can almost
> add a new recipe via the web page.
>

> Stay tune.....
>
> Kevin

I woulnd't really recommend doing that until you have the database
design worked out and getting the features you want to add planned.

The database is the big part, as it really should be normalized
correctly as well as planned rather then grown.

Features also determine the database layout. Features such as indexing
the ingredients vs just having them plain text, etc.

~Rob