[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15448 - in trunk/mythplugins/mytharchive by paulh

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Tue Jan 15 15:24:32 UTC 2008

>       Author: paulh
> Log:
>
> Allow MythArchive to use ProjectX to cut commercials and demux mpeg2 files
> instead of mythtranscode and mythreplex.

Very nice Paul, thanks! This is one step forward in quality cutting &
demuxing.

>     * Allow us in the future to extract DVB subtitles and possibly teletext
>       subtitles which can be added to the final DVD.

Especially this is something that I'm sure many are eagerly waiting.

> The disadvantages are:
>
>     * Requires java to be installed and all the headacres that can create.

If someone feels installing Java is difficult when he has solved all the
Myth issues and dependencies.. then I'm amazed :)

Unless someone has some religious issues involved.. I strongly recommend
to download latest Java JRE (if you have ProjectX binaries) or Java JDK
(if you want to compile it) from Sun's site and use it instead of other
Java environments.
--
   Otto