[mythtv] Shouldn't MythTV disable the tuner between switching inputs?

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 01:01:43 UTC 2008

--- Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:

> I thought you were writing the patch. There's no
> power
> savings, we turn off the encoder when we're not
> using
> it. This would just turn off the stuff when
> switching
> inputs, hopefully for a very short time.
>
> -- Daniel

I very much wish I could write patches.  My technical
experience is limited to anything that doesn't
actually involve writing code.  I can test, and I can
apply patches.  The only thing I can do here on the
list is make intelligent suggestions and hope I get
heard.

If anyone can make a patch for this purpose, then I'd
be happy to test it and report my results.  Until this
happens, people will only be getting 30% out of their
pvr 150 cards (and possibly other cards) with the
current ivtv drivers and Mythtv.

Thanks
Sam