[mythtv] Fwd: Myth Win32 Dep script

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 13:15:58 UTC 2008

Devs, just forwarding this for the record, for the Win32 people..... it seem
we have another Win32 success, this time on vista!....

Extracting the key info from Wayne's email, it appears a necessary tweak
appears to be that Vista needs to use  "GCC Tech Preview 4.2.1 ", not the
MinGW default of 3.4.5 (which works on XP).

Also, both my (XP), and Wayne's (VIsta) mythbackend.exe are working  - the
frontend communicates with the backend, and backend with the database (ie at
least as far as is possible without support for a tuner yet).

* Wayne alos says "Please let your fellow developers(GNU and Win) know that
I deeply appreciate [all] your efforts".

BUzz.