[mythtv] is enabling https protocol on the svn.mythtv.org server possible?

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 03:06:49 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 12:47 PM, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:

> > There are a couple of developers (myself being one) that at least
> > sometimes do development behind a proxy/firewall that is not under
> > our control.
>
> While I agree that HTTPS would be best,
> doesn't this proxy let you access HTTP?

Nope.  GET,HEAD,POST, etc are all allowed on HTTP, but svn (or
webdav?) specific like PROPSET,PROPFIND  are all "unknown protocol" or
similar mesage when I setup a %APPDIR%/Subversion/servers (win32) with
appropriate settings.   HTTPS is allowed, and is just tunnelled thru proxy,
without interference at the protocol level, so SVN should work fine there,
especially since the FAQ (http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy )
says: "Another strategy is to attempt the checkout over SSL, which many
proxies allow".

Buzz.