[mythtv] A disruptive MythContext change is coming

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jan 3 02:54:30 UTC 2008

It seemed perfectly fine to me. I have a backup of a partition that
has all the mythtv prerequisites installed on it, but has never had
mythtv installed on it. I downloaded version 15290, applied the patch
from the directory above mythtv/mythplugins:
patch -p0 < ctxrestr.6.patch

Everything went fine except for that one little warning (which I just
pressed enter to use defaults):

patching file mythtv/libs/libmyth/dbsettings.cpp
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file mythtv/libs/libmyth/
dbsettings.cpp.rej

built mythtv, installed, ran mythtv-setup and mythfilldatabase,
configured, built, and installed the plugins. I copied over the theme
I'm familiar with, and all the fonts looked fine. Setup some key
bindings and jump point bindings and they worked without a problem.
Watched some TV, did some recordings, played some music, checked the
weather, checked a few other screens... about 15 minutes worth. All
seems fine for me.

--
Ron