[mythtv] Patch to autodetect 4:3 Zoom aspect ratio

Mårten Bohlin mabo at mochc.net
Fri Feb 29 12:58:05 UTC 2008

To answer the original question my detection is verry naive. The first
implementation just checked two lines on the screen (The vertical
lines you can see on the debug output
http://www.mochc.net/myth-dev/LetterBoxDebugg.jpg). And then it checks
that the detected image is on a horizontal line. And this has to occur
in three consecutive frames. If a pixel is "black" or not was only a
threshold on the Y component in the YVU.

The latest version of the patch checks that the brightness(Y) do not
change to much instead of just using a threshold.

So yes there is a lot of things that could be done to make it at least
theoretically better.

But I think what would make the biggest differens was if you could
look one minute in to the future, but since I would like my algorithm
to work in Live TV.

Mårten