[mythtv] Patch to autodetect 4:3 Zoom aspect ratio

Mårten Bohlin mabo at mochc.net
Fri Feb 29 12:22:27 UTC 2008

Time for a new version of the patch.

I have rewritten moste of the code to be able to understan what I am
doing :). So hopfully it will be easier to understan now if anybody is
trying to read the code.

The major change I have done is that I check if the top and bottom
bars has a solid color instead of just a treshold. This was intended
to solve Aarons problem with Stargate Atlantis. But it turned out that
it worked could switch to the right mode much quicker in many of my
test cases. Because now it could se the diferens between black and
black.

In this version you also has to go to the setup and selct if you would
like to run this by default!
Setup->TV Settings->Playback->Next->Zoom

I have not had the time to actually use this version of the patch, so
it is posible that its not as good as the last one. But I hope you
have some time to try it out and give me some feedback.

Mårten