[mythtv] Patch to autodetect 4:3 Zoom aspect ratio

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 29 03:56:53 UTC 2008

* On Thu Feb 28, 2008 at 10:59:54AM -0700, Justin wrote:
> What is the edge detection algorithm you are using?  Moving to a more
> sophisticated algorithm could prevent false detections.

I haven't looked at his code, but what more is required other than "all lines
above this are black, the next is not" and vice versa for the bottom bar.
That's what I did in the commercial flagging code does to detect the letter
and pillar boxes.  In order to make things faster, the commercial flagger
doesn't check every pixel, but enough to be accurate.  A screen of thin
vertical lines might make it past the detection, but that's a fringe case.

--
Chris