[mythtv] wrong size calculation in mytharchive

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Feb 27 09:41:39 UTC 2008

Tino Keitel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> my mytharchive is wrong when it comes to the size calculation before
> the dvdauthor run:
>
> Total size of video files, before multiplexing, is 3963 Mbytes, audio
> is 275 MBytes, menus are 1 MBytes.
>
> That makes 4239 MB (with 1 MB = 1048576 bytes). However, DVD+/-R have a
> capacity of at least 4480 MB (4482 or 4482 IIRC).
>
> As a result, tcrequant is used but it's not really necessary, as the
> videos should fit on one DVD without tcrequant.
>
> Regards,
> Tino

 From Mythburn.py:

  #Add a little bit for the multiplexing stream data
     totalvideosize=totalvideosize*1.08

but I found when playing with Mythburn that the totalaudiosize will
include both mp2 and ac3 files.  I had at that time disabled the
immediate deletion of  the mp2 source and tcrequant was more aggressive
than normal.

HTH

John P