[mythtv] Compile Error in Changeset 16253

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Feb 26 02:47:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 21:31 -0500, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
> Apologies for the repeats then.  I checked trak to see if there was
> fix checked in already, but I neglected to check to see if anyone
> else
> had filed a ticket.  I'll try to remember to be more conscientious
> next time.  Thanks so much for the fix.

I put a special caveat in the TicketHowTo to write an e-mail to
the mailing list for new compilation errors back in the day for
just this reason :)

Compile errors are usually caught pretty quickly, usually because
some code is conditionally compiled and the dev forgot to check,
or they couldn't check because they don't run a particular target
machine. This leads to the "multiple tickets for trivial problem"
problem since so many people encounter an obvious bug at once.

-- Daniel