[mythtv] Patch to autodetect 4:3 Zoom aspect ratio

Mårten Bohlin mabo at mochc.net
Mon Feb 25 12:44:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 02/22/2008 02:34 AM, Mårten Bohlin wrote:
>  >  I have written a patch for the release-0-20-fixes branch (svn
>  >  revision: 16162) that detects black bars on the top and bottom of the
>  >  frames. When that is detected it toggles to "Letterbox 4:3 Zoom". And
>  >  if no bars is detected it toggles back to "Letterbox Off".
>  >
>  >  I have only used it for a couple of days, so I guess there will be
>  >  some more tweaking to get it perfect.
>  >
>  >  Comments are welcome.
>
>  Upgrading to 0.21-fixes and updating the patch would be a good thing (as
>  the zoom/aspect code has changed pretty significantly since 0.20-fixes).
>
>  Mike

Hi!

I have now updated my patch to the release-0-21-fixes branch (svn
revision: 16236). It now switches between automatically between the
fill modes "Full" and "Off".

If this patch is a candidate to go into a future release I could make
it possible to turn the auto detection on and off from the playback
settings.

Mårten