[mythtv] LastFM support in MythMusic

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Feb 18 20:28:42 UTC 2008

On Monday 18 February 2008 20:34:10 Willem Ligtenberg wrote:
> OK, I'm stuck on the MD5 stuff, which annoys me, because it shouldn't
> be this hard...
> Well as far as I know now, both md5's that are already in mythtv are
> meant to be used for something else than Strings.

define strings. libavutil's md5 operates on uint8_t* which are more or
less c type strings. If you want to compute the md5 of QString use
something like:

uint8_t *my_md5(QString &string)
{
    uint8_t *md5val = malloc(8);
    uint8_t *c_string = string.local8Bit()
    av_md5_sum(md5val, c_string, strlen(c_string));

    return md5val;
}

If you want the typical string result the command line md5sums returns
print the eight uint8_ts as hexadecimal values.

Janne