[mythtv] Critical Win32 patch

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:46:26 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 1:34 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stable or usable?  I'm very curious once the playback gets implemented what
> happens on a Windows frontend if you have the nVidia PureVideo (read: $$)
> drivers installed.  If that ends up providing maximum acceleration from
> video card hardware, that could be very interesting indeed.

As the nVidia PureVideo drivers use DirectShow Codecs/Filters to know
what/where/when to accelerate, and Myth isn't using DShow, Myth would
see no benefit whatsoever from PureVideo (Or AVIVO for you ATI fans
out there).

I believe it would take a major architecture change (Which would also
break Myth on every other platform) to implement DShow in
MythFrontend.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston