[mythtv] committing to .21-fixes and HEAD branches before release?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:45:45 UTC 2008

On Feb 15, 2008 4:13 PM, Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2008 5:08 PM, Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What's the plan for making sure that .21-fixes and HEAD are consistant
> > before .21 is actually released?  I'm worried that some things are
> > being put in on branch and not the other, such as:
> >
> > http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2008-February/038432.html
> > http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2008-February/038393.html
> >
> > Why not wait and sync .21-fixes with head the day that .21 is actually
> > released rather than trying to commit to both?  I've seen things go in
> > fixes that haven't gone in head and vica versa.

It has been decided there will be merges back from .21-fixes to trunk,
probably nightly, until the .21-fixes release.  This will ensure that fixes
are reapplied to trunk but also make it easier to maintain the fixes by
commiting them in only one place.   This also allows for new features to be
added to trunk during this time and not worry about them corrupting the
fixes branch.  Once the release is done, fixes will be applied to trunk and
then merged into -fixes as usual.

Kevin