[mythtv] libmythmusic on OSX

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Feb 12 21:27:31 UTC 2008

> Anyone else having problems getting libmythmusic to build on OSX?

I haven't built plugins in a while, but will test in a few hours.

> my build craps out at that point every time however doesn't provide
> much in the way of useful info. All it says is
>
> [osx-pkg] Failed system call: " /usr/bin/make -j2 " with error code 2
> Died at ./osx-packager.pl line 996.

One processor of the parallel make is failing,
many hundreds of lines back, while the next build
directory happily compiles away.

I usually do "osx-packager | less",
then search for the errant directory,
and examine carefully.

There is no easy disable for parallel make,
so if you can't locate the error, build again
with lines 616 thru 634 commented out.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |          of surrealism"