[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15933 by cpinkham

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 12 12:56:36 UTC 2008

On 02/12/2008 12:04 AM, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: cpinkham
>         Date: 2008-02-12 05:04:05 +0000 (Tue, 12 Feb 2008)
> New Revision: 15933
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15933
>

> Log:
>
> I changed my mind....  Reverting part of [15932].  I think that we should
> still backup the DB if the schema version is empty.  It might be empty for
> more than one reason.  If this is the initial empty DB the DB backup file
> won't be that large anyway so backing the empty DB up isn't a big issue.

I was just going to mention that I've seen user DB's get broken by
accidentally dropping tables (including the settings table) or by
accidentally deleting settings such as DBSchemaVer (i.e. when a schema
upgrade failed and they're trying to "fix" it), but I see you got there
before me.  :)  Granted, in these cases the upgrade itself will fail,
but at least the user will have a backup they can use for
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 .

Thanks,
Mike