[mythtv] EIT events on program change

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 11:56:56 UTC 2008

On 2/12/08, David Birch <david.birch at gmail.com> wrote:

>   i have traced an issue down to something in EIT when watching live tv.
> The scenario is while watching live tv, when one program finished &
> another starts frontend freezes on the last frame before a program change -
> the frontend process doesn't hang - i can press esc & then click to watch
> live tv again straight away & all is ok.

David,

I don't think it's an EIT issue.  I'm experiencing the same symptoms at the
moment.  Current SVN, DVB-S reception, EIT scanning disabled on all channels
(I use radiotimes).  On a programme change on the same channel on live tv
the picture freezes, and a quick esc and watch live tv brings it straight
back up.  The backend continues to record live tv during the picture
freeze.  I haven't had the time to try to chase down the bug, but sounds
very similar to yours.  Since I'm not using EIT - it's definitely not that
for me.