[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15914 by bjm

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 23:31:42 UTC 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 22:48:45 Bruce Markey wrote:
> I was aware that these were available for EIT but I now see
> these are also set in xmltvparser.cpp. My thinking was two
> fold. First, DD and (most) XMLTV users needn't look for info
> that isn't there. Also, there are many "(Data Direct)" examples
> and we've always taken crap for being U.S. centric for this
> kind of thing. If there was something unique to EIT, a useful
> EIT only example would be welcome.

The AVC flag (H.264 encoded streams) is only set for EIT currently. I can't
see that information ever being available from another guide source. As an
example it might be useful, if you don't have a powerful enough processor to
decode H.264 you might not want to record showings of programmes encoded in
that format.
--
Stuart Morgan