[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15914 by bjm

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Feb 11 22:48:45 UTC 2008

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Monday 11 February 2008 19:31:04 mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>> Added Custom Record examples for series ID when custom edit is
>> called from a program that has a seriesid, and widescreen as an
>> example of the syntax for matching a bit in the property fields.

This was rushed in for the purpose stated here; an example of
the syntax for matching a bit in the property fields. This is
not all inclusive but merely to say 'this is a new possibility
and here is how to go about it'. I'm currently updating the
HOWTO for this among many other things. Here was the first
draft to this point:

+<item>"program.videoprop" also "audioprop" and "subtitletypes". These
+are bit fields currently only needed for EIT. The syntax to match a
+single bit is an ampersand followed but the bit value. To find the bit
+flags and their values, see libs/libmythtv/programinfo.h in the MythTV
+source code.

Better info here would be more useful than what can be put
in the example label. I guess instead of singling out EIT, it
should say something to the effect of 'which of these fields
are used depends on the grabber so some may not be useful
for your TV listings'. It will always be true that there
will be grabbers that do not use some or many of the bits.

> The "(EIT Only)" bit isn't quite correct, XMLTV also supplies these
> extra properties where available. For example, most, if not all of
> them are available with Radiotimes guide data over XMLTV in the UK.

I was aware that these were available for EIT but I now see
these are also set in xmltvparser.cpp. My thinking was two
fold. First, DD and (most) XMLTV users needn't look for info
that isn't there. Also, there are many "(Data Direct)" examples
and we've always taken crap for being U.S. centric for this
kind of thing. If there was something unique to EIT, a useful
EIT only example would be welcome.

--  bjm