[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15853 by bjm

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Feb 8 22:32:28 UTC 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 22:51:47 Bruce Markey wrote:
> Janne Grunau wrote:
>
> > Reverting commits without giving a reason is not nice, even if they
> > are buggy.
>
> Nor is reapplying the same code without asking for, or even
> waiting for, a clarification.

It was not the same code. [15845] would not have handled multiple flags
correctly. I assumed you reverted it since you noticed the bug

> > [15852] fixes a bug in the scheduler since without it gives the
> > HDTV priority boost to non HDTV programs.
>
> That's not my bug. A column named 'hdtv" ought to be unambiguous
> and you yourself state that this is being populated with info
> that does not indicate the program should be considered to be
> an HDTV broadcast.

It was changed 7 months ago. Stuart hasn't changed the column names for
DB schema backwards compatibility. It would have been wiser to
introduce new columns with proper names to archieve the same goal but
done is done.

> One other point before other changes are considered. I have no
> interest in introducing having to parse enums in power search
> rules. If you have a grabber that flags widescreen and avc then
> columns should be added for program.widescreen and program.avc .

While I see the inconvenience for power rules, adding each of the
properties as bool to the schema is not a scaleable solution. We would
need 10 additional columns now.
The using the enum numbers in power rules wouldn't be acceptable but if
we could use the enum's symbols it is imho ok.
So a  "program.hdtv > 0" will become "program.video_properties & HDTV"
after the columns are renamed.

Janne