[mythtv] No image displayed on mythfrontend on 2nd view after starting

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 7 22:22:27 UTC 2008

On 02/07/2008 04:00 PM, Irumbo Mateene wrote:
> I am using a 2 week old version of myth svn.  I am currently unable to see any image using TV / Video or Recorded Shows but I am getting sound.
>
> To correct this , I have to restart the front end but once I finish watching a recorded show for example and switch to another show I don't see any image any more but I get sound.
>
> I am using ubuntu 7.04, and xorg 7.2.  Some modules of X got updated and prevented me from loading any OpenGL apps.   I then installed the latest version of Nvidia's linux driver for ( NV 7920 GS ) I think v169.09 and that corrected the OpenGL crash however myth frontend is only allowing me to watch just one show at a time and requires restart.
>
> Any ideas would be helpful

This was discussed here on the -users list a little while ago.
Unfortunately, I didn't pay a lot of attention (as it doesn't affect my
configuration) and I don't even remember good search words, so this
message really just serves as motivation to continue your search or
encouragement that someone will probably recognize the subject and give
you a link/more info.  I'm thinking, though, that it was found to be a
driver bug.

Mike