[mythtv] mythui

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:49:37 UTC 2008

On 06/02/2008, Bert Haverkamp <bert at bertenselena.net> wrote:
> Hello Stuart,
>
> Have you been able to take a look at the source?
> I am still very interested how/if this works on  trunk.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bert

Hi Bert,

If your on a broadband connection, you could likely download VMWare
Server (a breeze to install and configure), install a barebones
command line distro use your package manager of choice to install a
myth (ideally trunk build) package so it grabs all the dependencies
for you, remove the actual mythtv packages, and then be downloading
and compiling from svn in under 3 hours.

I'd say that's a much more efficient and economic solution than
waiting for replies that may never come.. It would also allow you to
get to grips with all the changes in trunk, and give you half a dozen
other benefits to boot ;-)

Just my two pence,

Steve Daniels