[mythtv] mythui

hendrixski at storsint.com hendrixski at storsint.com
Mon Feb 4 23:04:00 UTC 2008

> Sounds encouraging:-) Thanks, I will consider it!
>  But please explain: What is the reason for trunk if it can't get
> unstable occationally? Or are all extensions added without any bugs?

Well, the main development branch of a project (aka "trunk") shouldn't
ever get too unstable. in theory that's what branches are for.  If you
have an idea that would take a while before it becomes stable you create a
branch, commit your buggy changes to that branch, keep it current with
"vendor drops" where you merge the latest changes from trunk into your
branch, and once it's no longer buggy you merge your changes back into the
main branch.   This way you don't break the main build which is a
hellworthy trespass; it's in the Bible somewhere.

And God said unto Moses "Thou shalt not boink the build, get your own
branch Moe!"  -Exodus 01:11:00:01

--
 - Hendrixski

How to ask questions:
 * Do your homework: google it, search archives from lists and forums
 * Ask on the appropriate list or forum using a meaningful header
 * Be precise, impersonal, to the point, state your goal, and say "please"
and "thank you"

How to answer questions:
 * Verify what they're asking about, turn bad questions into good ones
 * Give information, ask if it answers their question.  Rinse & Repeat
 * Not all manuals are created equal! link to your favorite one and say
"Read This Fine Manual"