[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

Jamie Schaffranek panthers1788 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:46:33 UTC 2008

I don't believe I saw this anywhere else on a wishlist so I thought Imight suggest it. I use my MythTv to do alot of recording sports. There isnothing worse than getting close to the end of a good close game and theMythTv stops recording because I didn't record long enough. I was thinkingabout it and thought that maybe something can be developed to guardagainst that. I thought that maybe what can be done is to use an internetsource with sports scores that give the score and how much time is left,what period it is in, what quarter it is in, what inning it is in orwhatever, and the mythTv will record until it says that the score isFinal. I am a Software Developer and wouldn't mind trying to add thisfeature myself, but I don't know how to go about developing for MythTv. Ifyou can tell me what you think about this idea, and if you think it is agood viable idea then if you could point me in the right direction fordeveloping for the MythTv I would appreciate it.Thanks