[mythtv] Deinterlacing - Blend

Will Tatam will at netmindz.net
Fri Feb 1 12:56:54 UTC 2008

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
>>> when the new channel+1 stations were introduced
>>> in the UK myth started getting very confused and recording both programs
>>> with the only way to prevent this was to set "one per day" which then
>>> caused other scheduling issues. The is a solution, you use the great
>>> series/program id stuff, but this is only in the dev version.
>>  I've been using the +1 stations since they came out and haven't seen
>>  this problem. Reporting it at the time would have helped.
>
> I see this too.
>
> It happens when you have a program longer than 1 hour which you've
> scheduled to record on all channels, and exclude duplicates.
>
> To take a concrete example, lets say a 2 Hr Movie starts at 9pm on
> Channel4 and is repeated on Channel4+1 starting from 10pm.  Myth
> schedules the Movie at 9pm on Channel4.  When it looks at Channel4+1
> at 10pm it sees a movie it is supposed to record but it doesn't see a
> duplicate for some reason (because I guess the showing on Channel4
> hasn't finished yet) so it sets that one to record too.
>
> Programs that are 1hr or shorter seem to work fine.

It is further compounded if you set the program to start X mins early
and X mins late to cater for any variations on schedule.

As for the complaint that I should have reported it and not just bitch,
please see my message to the users mailing list (as it is both and end
user question and relating to 0.20.2)
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-December/206183.html and
the fact that I basically only got a suggestion assuming i was a muppet
and hadn't already checked that the data myth had available was
sufficient to correctly identify the duplicate

--
Will Tatam