[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19449 by danielk

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Dec 24 21:56:19 UTC 2008

> 'Twas brillig, and mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org at 24/12/08 16:47 did gyre and
> gimble:
>>       Author: danielk
>>         Date: 2008-12-24 16:47:51 +0000 (Wed, 24 Dec 2008)
>> New Revision: 19449
>>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19449
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>>    trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/avfdecoder.cpp
>>    trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/cddecoder.cpp
>>    trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/cdrip.cpp
>>    trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/cdrip.h
>>    trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/flacdecoder.cpp
>>    trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/vorbisdecoder.cpp
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> Fixes #5566. Initialze all vars in ctors.
>>
>> PS I agree with Nigel & Mark these classes could use some refacoring.
>
> Dunno if it's being entertained at the moment and it doesn't really fit
> in with the rest of the audio stack in myth but is it worth considering
> using phonon for this now that things are Qt4 based?

Colin  and I both know that amarok has struggled quite a bit w/ phonon
and gstreamer. This is not something that I would foist on mythmusic at the
moment. But it is a good long term goal.

The talk and patches of using ffmpeg as the decoder engine holds more
promise of being used in the short term.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/