[mythtv] Segfault changing channels using HDPVR and SuSe 11.0

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Sun Dec 14 06:39:54 UTC 2008

Thanks for a quick response!!

> Are you sure you are running a version compiled with debugging?  That
> BT says it is missing the symbols.

Yes, I think so. I followed the instructions in the wiki. I added
--compile-type=debug to the configure, then did a "make all", and "make
install". Do I need to do something else?

> Are you sure you have your STB set to a fixed resolution as mentioned
> in the wiki?

Yes, I have. I set DirecTV box to fix 720p. I guess I should recheck to see
if the STB reset it back to its default for some reason.

> Have you applied the patches recommended in the wiki?

I'm running version  trunk 19188, so I thought all the HDPVR patches are in
that version. Is this true? If not, which ones do I need to apply?