[mythtv] Live transcode while recording

René Bühlmann buehlmann at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 2 09:01:32 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian schrieb:
> On Dec 1, 2008, at 7:39 PM, Matt Hakim wrote:
>

>>> The reason flash isn't on the iphone is a business limitation, not a
>>> technical limitation.
>>> Slingbox has been demonstrating live TV streaming on the iPhone for a
>>> couple of months now (which is actually relevant to this
>>> conversation).
>>> http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/08/sling-announces-proof-of-concept-slingplayer-mobile-for-iphone/
>>>
>> although that link you posted indicates slingplayer is limited by the
>> same business reasons?
>>

> The link indicates that they were at the time not officially accepted
> into the developer program. It also indicates that the software isn't
> ready. When the software is ready, it will be submitted and then
> included in the App Store. That's the way it works. When you have
> software that is ready, you submit it and they put it in the store
> fore you. None of this is on topic.
>
> -Brad

I don't think it is the right thread to discuss any streaming
possibilities for the iphone, at least it is not the purpose i wrote to
this list.
I would like to give the mythbackend the ability to stream livetv (and
later recordings) over my internet connection. To do this, i need to
transcode the stream. I don't want to care too much about the client for
now. Especially not about the iphone as i have Windows, Linux and Win.
Mobile clients and i know it will work on them (Oh, i love this
sentence.. it somehow fits in every discussion about the iphone ;) ).
As soon as the transcoding works, we could implement an http server and
use the user-agent to decide on the format to stream. But for now i'm
working on the transcoding and if someone has some information about the
libmythavformat and libmythavcodec that would be great :)