[mythtv] Compile error in mythbrowser..

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 30 20:33:09 UTC 2008

On 08/30/2008 04:02 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Nearly missed this because the thread was started in the middle of
> another one :-(

As long as you've noticed this thread...  :)

I was getting a linking error in mythbrowser when compiling mythtv
without QtWebKit support:

/usr/local/src/mdean/Myth/src/mythplugins/mythbrowser/mythbrowser/mythbrowser.cpp:240:
undefined reference to `MythUIWebBrowser::GetUrl()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mythbrowser] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/mdean/Myth/src/mythplugins/mythbrowser/mythbrowser'
make[1]: *** [sub-mythbrowser-install_subtargets] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/mdean/Myth/src/mythplugins/mythbrowser'
make: *** [sub-mythbrowser-install_subtargets] Error 2

The attached patch fixes the error.  It looks like
MythUIWebBrowser::GetUrl() is defined on the #ifdef USING_QTWEBKIT side
and is missing on the #else side of  libs/libmythui/mythuiwebbrowser.cpp
.  I'm pretty certain it's the only one missing.

Note that I haven't actually tested what happens when toString() is
called on the empty QUrl I'm returning, so we may need a 'return
QUrl("");' or something, instead...  (But it /sounds/ like an empty
QUrl's toString() should just return an empty QString...)

Mike