[mythtv] MythTV website outdated?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 29 16:35:46 UTC 2008

On 08/29/2008 10:04 AM, John van Timmeren wrote:
> While working on the MythTV manual (mainly the DVB part at the moment)

Out of curiosity, if you're talking about the official MythTV HOWTO (
http://mythtv.org/docs/ ), or as linked from the MythTV homepage (
http://mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInstall ), you are editing the
SVN trunk version of docs/mythtv-HOWTO.sgml , right?  Or, if you're not
confident of your SGML skills, at least creating plain text (no HTML)
updates (i.e. as patches to docs/mythtv-HOWTO.txt ).  The documentation
maintainer has asked for updates only to the SGML or the plain text.

> I was looking at the MythTV homepage. With all respect... It looks
> like the Mythtv home page is outdated in content and format?
>
> Only release information seems to be up-to-date? I find the website
> not matching the looks of MythTV and the the given content is not very
> compelling to atract new users and developers. Especially when looking
> at other pvr projects like http://xbmc.org or
> www.team-mediaportal.com.
>
> If needed I can help with the content and structure of the website,
> but graphics are not my thing.

There were several large threads about a redesign of the MythTV homepage
(see, at least,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/263525#263525 ).  There
has also been a /lot/ of work done toward it, however, the person
working on it, Chris Petersen (the guy who originally made, and is still
a main developer on, MythWeb) has been busy with other things.  He
usually hangs out on IRC, if you want to try to talk with him.

I /think/ this is the current mockup of the new design:
http://newmyth.forevermore.net/ .

Mike