[mythtv] Attempting to try out latest svn ... database upgrade issue.

David R david at unsolicited.net
Mon Aug 11 09:16:28 UTC 2008

Quoting "Nigel Pearson" <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au>:

> 1) For comparison, do you have the command-line
> output from your successful upgrade?

Sorry no, although it pretty much looks the same earlier on apart from
the lack of "New database detected".

> 2) What led you to that particular query?

DBUtil::IsNewDatabase() was returning TRUE.. which caused me some head
scratching. I then had a look at GetTables() and the query was
returning 0 items. There seems to be a problem (with my setup) whereby
the prepared query (that has no items to be substituted) executes but
returns 0 rows, whereas the direct query works correctly.

> 3) Was there any strange MySQL error?
> (like a pause at that point,
>   or something in the DB log files)

No issues noted, and nothing interesting in the log file.

The system now works just fine, with no major problems noted (using 3
DTV tuners + 1 DSAT).

Cheers
David