[mythtv] Use of DBEvent::AddAuthority. and adding DB fields

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Aug 4 20:18:00 UTC 2008

David Waring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A bit of background: I work for the BBC in their technology Research and
> Innovation department. We have a need to show demonstrations of new
> features that are proposed for our services. So I'm looking to use
> MythTV as a platform to assess and demonstrate new features for
> Freeview+ and Freesat in the UK (initially anyway). As part of this work
> I need to bring some parts of MythTV more inline with the ETSI specs
> (e.g. EN 300 468 & TS 102 323). The plan is to feedback what I can to
> the MythTV project. Obviously there are going to be some things which I
> demonstrate that I can't release the code for until the specification is
> made public (because of commercial agreements, etc.). But I'll do what I
> can.

Looking forward to seeing whatever you come up with.

> So for an easy start, to ease myself into the code-base, I'm going to
> try and tidy up the use of content_identifier_descriptor data to comply
> with ETSI TS 102 323 better. What I need to know is:
>
> 1. The DBEvent::AddAuthority method, is that only used for handling the
> IDs from content_identifier_descriptors or is it supposed to handle
> other IDs too?

It adds the default authority stored in the database to the info
received in the EIT data for the programid and seriesid.

We only populate the default authority when we scan for channels,
we don't update it from the SDT all the time.

If you have further bits of info that need the default authority
to be complete then feel free to use DBEvent::AddAuthority. That's
what it's there for

> 2. When adding or modifying fields in the database, do I just increment
> the DB version and add a new updates section in dbcheck.cpp?

Yup

Stuart Auchterlonie