[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r18030 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythgallery by paulh

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 17:51:56 UTC 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 18:35:20 Paul Harrison wrote:
> Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > I'm trying to avoid creating an unnecessary number of dialogs, there were
> > too many in the old UI. However where a particular dialog can be
> > justified and is used in more than one place then I'll add it to the
> > base.
>
> You'll get extra points if you can make them modal ;-) That would make
> converting the many existing dialogs over a lot easier. Same with the
> popup menu dialogs.

Isaac had good reasons for making them non-blocking, including things like
background animation in windows visible below the popups, so I've kept it
that way. I'll refer you to him for a more exhaustive explanation ;)

I've made a few additions and changes to make it easier e.g. the option of
using delayed signals instead of events and the ability to store
strings/ints/pointers which are accessible from the return event. It still
means you have to split the functions up instead of maintaining a flow, but
it only has to be converted once.

> > I'm currently creating a file browsing dialog for looking up a file on
> > the local filesystem and returning it's path.
>
> There one of those in MythArchive you might be able to use?
> fileselector.cpp

I've used the one in mythvideo as a guide, but I'll take a look for ideas.
--
Stuart Morgan