[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r18030 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythgallery by paulh

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 17:24:06 UTC 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 17:57:29 Paul Harrison wrote:
> I'm not doubting your word but it certainly wasn't working for me. I
> could mark thumbs as checked and the green circle would appear but it
> was impossible to remove it.  Once an item was marked  even scrolling
> the grid wouldn't remove the check. Adding the 'Off' state fixed that.

There was a problem because I accidently <showempty>true</showempty> from that
statetype.

> I'm just about to start changing some of the old MythPopupDialog's to
> MythUI ones in MythGallery like the copy progress and delete
> confirmation dialogs etc. Is that going to class with anything your
> working on?

No, I'm not touching the mythgallery code, just changing the "images"
buttonlist in the theme slightly.

> Is there any reason you haven't created some generic dialogs like  the
> old OK dialog  or the OK/Cancel  ones etc. I think it would be nice if
> there was some predefined dialogs like that so we don't have to start
> from scratch each time.

At the time I converted mythgallery I hadn't decided if the Yes/No/Ok dialogs
were really needed or if the menu dialog would work. I'm now planning to add
a dual purpose dialog for simple confirmation - Cancel + Ok with the Cancel
button being shown only if it's required. I can do this tonight, it shouldn't
take very long.

I'm trying to avoid creating an unnecessary number of dialogs, there were too
many in the old UI. However where a particular dialog can be justified and is
used in more than one place then I'll add it to the base.

I'm currently creating a file browsing dialog for looking up a file on the
local filesystem and returning it's path.
--
Stuart Morgan