[mythtv] Use of DBEvent::AddAuthority. and adding DB fields

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 1 17:54:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 18:25 +0100, David Waring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A bit of background: I work for the BBC in their technology Research and
> Innovation department. We have a need to show demonstrations of new
> features that are proposed for our services. So I'm looking to use
> MythTV as a platform to assess and demonstrate new features for
> Freeview+ and Freesat in the UK (initially anyway). As part of this work
> I need to bring some parts of MythTV more inline with the ETSI specs
> (e.g. EN 300 468 & TS 102 323). The plan is to feedback what I can to
> the MythTV project. Obviously there are going to be some things which I
> demonstrate that I can't release the code for until the specification is
> made public (because of commercial agreements, etc.). But I'll do what I
> can.
Cool. We like MythTV to be permissive with what it will accept, since
many broadcasters don't follow the specs, but We also want it to accept
all valid data.

> 1. The DBEvent::AddAuthority method, is that only used for handling the
> IDs from content_identifier_descriptors or is it supposed to handle
> other IDs too?
I wrote the initial code for ATSC only. Stuart A picked up the DVB portion
so he's the best person for those questions. Janne can prolly answer most
DVB EIT questions as well.

> 2. When adding or modifying fields in the database, do I just increment
> the DB version and add a new updates section in dbcheck.cpp?
Yup.

-- Daniel