[mythtv] Patch to accept remote buttons as logical identifiers

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Wed Apr 30 18:38:45 UTC 2008

Navaho Gunleg wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I hadn't upgraded MythTV for quite a while (work, life, etc) and
> noticed that my patch didn't really apply nicely anymore, to say the
> least. :]
>
> Of course I had to quickly fix that to keep the spouse happy, so
> here's a little ping that I've attached updated files to ticket #2239
> [ http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2239 ] to make the remoteXXXX
> identifiers work again. Please do note that at this time I haven't yet
> updated the MythControls plugin to accept these buttons as well,
> configuration through the web-interface is advised...
>
> If you have been using this, I am sorry for the late update.
>
> Cheers,
> NG

Hi Navaho,

I haven't tried our patch but I wanted to do something similar. I am not
really keen in your approach even if it does the job.

I prefer my approach
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/316313) as it could be
use to configure within myth, differents remote control as well as other
way like mouse gesture and keyboard...
Unfortunately I have been very busy lately, so I don't really know when
I will be able to carry on and it does make a bit of change in
mythcontrol too.
Regards,
Xavier