[mythtv] Freesat (UK)

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Apr 30 06:44:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, April 30, 2008 4:30 am, David Matthews wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Great to hear you are still working on the MHEG stack. You will be
>> pleased
>> to hear your modifications for the NZ profile still work for the new DTT
>> transmissions that started this month.
>
> That's good.
>
>> What sort of additions are you needing form Freesat?
>
> The items I've identified so far are:
>
> Use of the Slider class.  This is used for scroll bars to indicate the
> position in news items that span several pages.  I'm adding support for
> this.  It's required by the UK 1.06 profile for Freeview but doesn't
> seem to be used on Freeview in practice.
>
> Use of dynamic line art polygons for arrows.  This seems to be similar
> to the situation in NZ where I added code to do that.  The original code
> doesn't work properly so I've rewritten it.

Ah that explains a minor difference between MythTV's stack and Red Button..

> An additional bitmap content hook value: 5.  The corresponding file
> seems to contain an MPEG I-frame so it just seems to be a synonym for
> the current content hook value of 2 for this.  I can't see any difference.
>
> I was wondering whether there might be other changes but so far I
> haven't seen anything more.

The only other thing I've noticed between the NZ MHEG-5 EPG on Myth VS a
STB is it doesn't display the current channel number in the EPG screen.
I'm wondering if one of the callbacks is returning the wrong value.

Need to sit down with an official STB again and take a couple of screen
shots.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR