[mythtv] XvMc-OpenGL and OpenGL-OSD

Daniel and Mary-Beth Sherwood jackanddougal at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 21:21:05 UTC 2008

Mike

Thanks for your response, your link to the original submission gave me the clues I needed and having read up a bit about what is being done, I agree that in it's current implementation (with the copy from the XvMC surface to the GLX p-buffer) ths isn't going to fly on my machine (ashame) however I do still have a few of follow up questions...

***Q1*** Although it is slow, I would still expect it to work (i.e. display the video and OSD corerctly).  I suspect some form of mismatch between the colourspace and/or bit depth and/or stride of the two buffers.  I suspect the other ticket you linked is probably a similar issue.  Any thoughts where to start looking at this?

***Q2*** The copy from XvMC to p-buffer is obviously an expensive operation.  Does anyone (danielk) know if it is possible to skip this step in any way and if so, are there ant plans to progress this?

I am a very experienced software engineer and I am willing to put effort into looking at this is someone can a) give me pointers and b) indicate that I am not completely wasting my time given the low-power CPU I am aiming at:)

Cheers

Daniel