[mythtv] Re : EIT fixup help please

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 25 21:27:22 UTC 2008

On 04/25/2008 07:07:50 AM, Janne Grunau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 20 April 2008 19:00:37 manu wrote:
> >
> > I would like to improve the eit in 2 ways: first all accents
> (French)
> > are not correctly displayed, and I would like to do something about
> > it. I guess I need to hack something up in eitfixup but it is not
> > clear how yet, any pointer would be more than welcome.
>
> That's probably a missing encoding in the eit. look at the bottom of
> libmythtv/eithelper.cpp. We can override the encoding with setting
> the
>
> eitfixup to kForceIso8859_15. The keys of the eitfixup map are
> transport id << 32 | original network id << 16 | serviceid
>
> If the service id is 0 the all channels on the transport will match.
> if
> transport and serviceid are 0, all channels with the origianl network
> id wil match.
>
> > Moreover I am in the process of decoding the proprietary epg of
> > canalsat caraibes (French people with canalsat subscription who
> might
> > want to try it can contact me). It provides a 7-10 days epg and I
> > would like to make the backend aware of it but it is not just a
> fixuo
> > here, so if someone canpoint me to some docs on how to try to do
> it,
> > that would be great.
>
> How different are this epg data from standard EIT? Is there a way to
> detect if the data is broadcasted (maybe a descriptor in PMT). I fear

It is really different: several tables linked together in some weird
ways (or perhaps I see it like that because I do not understand the
full format). I can just decode the titles duration and start time, I
know where the summaries are but I don't know how to tell which summary
corresponds to whixch show, hopefully fixed soon.

> there is no manuel and why have to look at the code and try to
> implement the epg gathering and parsing along the EIT and ATSC epg
> bits.
>
> The the data structures for the table and descriptors should be in a
> new
> file in libmythtv/mpeg/, you will need to add listining and detection
> of the eit to libmythtv/mpeg/mpeg|dvbstreamdata.cpp depending on used
> SI standard of those channels. You probably have to add another
> callback for the mpeglisteners.
> In libmythtv/eithelper.cpp should the transmitted data be parsed into
> the eit.cpp object which is the proxy for the database.
>
> HTH, if you have more questions, feel free to ask

Thanks a lot, I will try to hook my code into myth classes.
Bye
Manu