[mythtv] font char width on some osd lines

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Wed Apr 23 01:39:28 UTC 2008

>Similar to the fonts in the picture linked at:
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/326427#326427 ?

yes Ive seen that. Ive also seen a bold fonts do the same thing.

>If so, http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/326414#326414
>.  (And, you might want to read through the rest of the thread.)  The
>best bet for a workaround is to remove/comment the font <filename> from
>osd.xml .

getting rid of the font is not ideal :0

>I haven't yet gotten a chance to look into the suggestion that it's
>related to the source video resolution:
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/326717#326717 .  So
>far, I've been completely unable to reproduce the issue on my systems,
>so I haven't made much progress figuring it out.  I hope you have better
>luck.  :)

do you know where fonts are initialized/loaded and their actual sizes
determined?
They seem to scale with differring video resolutions.

It must be the width calc on bold/italics fonts. is this handled by QT or is
it part of the fonts themselves. I assume the render of the font is in QT
and not in any myth lib.

thanks
mark