[mythtv] Funky 720p playback

John Lofgren john.lofgren at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 19:27:03 UTC 2008

I am astonished to report that I actually received some feedback from
WLS (ABC 7 Chicago) regarding this issue.  I submitted this comment to
the engineering department through the WLS website:

Comments: I use a DVR to record Lost from your
station through Comcast.  For the last
few episodes, the framerates of the
signals have been something non-standard
and this is causing the playback to be
terrible from the DVR.  What gives?
<<<

I just received this response:

Hi John-
   Thanks for contacting ABC 7 Chicago.  We do appreciate questions and
comments. This issue has been fixed.

Thank you
The Engineering Department
<<<

I have not yet tested whether whatever they "fixed" actually solves
this problem, and I don't know whether the other shows in question
(Grey's anatomy, etc) were also "fixed."

Cheers,
John