[mythtv] Question about becoming a "core developer" (ie commit access?)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Apr 15 13:29:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 20:59 +1000, buzz wrote:
> Isaac, are you listening at the moment? I'd really appreciate your
> input here.
>
> Devs, I'd appreciate it if someone (anyone) would respond to my
> query. ...?   If you don't think you can answer on behalf of others,
> can you perhaps just tell me who/how/why you got commit access?

Basically, what Nick and George said. Though I'll add that once
you've submitted a few patches and made sure the committers didn't
have to make too many changes before they committed, you can contact
the person who has committed most of your patches in the last few
months and ask them to put the word in for you. Isaac isn't doing as
many commits himself as he used to, so he relies on the rest of us
to tell him who is both interested in commit access and is doing good
work.

I would guess I had about three major changes and about 10,000 lines
of code in before Issac gave me commit access; and I asked twice.
People who primarily submit mostly bug patches tend to not require
as much time + decent code before they are offered commit.

-- Daniel