[mythtv] Problems compiling SVN

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Apr 7 15:02:15 UTC 2008

Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Michael Wisniewski wrote:
>> It seems like it's getting stuck up on the libqt stuff.  On the
>> include, it's pointing to qt3.  However, the file is located in the
>> /include/qt4 directory.  If I change the qt3 to qt4, it still doesn't
>> find the q3ptrlist.h file.
>>
>> Just wondering if anybody else have had a similiar problem and how
>> they resolved it.  For what it's worth, I'm running Ubuntu Hardy
>> (beta).
>>

> Are you sure you have all the qt4 packages you need?
>
> In the case of my backend which is running FC8 I had to install qt4-devel and
> qt4-mysql which were not already installed...

The QT4 libraries you would need under FEDORA are:

qt-MySQL qt4 qt4-devel qt4-mysql qt4-x11

Those libraries are probably named nearly the same thing under Ubuntu.
Note that the names are case sensitive under Fedora and likely so in
Ubuntu.  (The qt3 level qt-MySQL is still required in Fedora. YMMV)
Note that you *can* also install qt4-docs and use up 15Meg of disk
space, if you want!

Geoff