[mythtv] build problem

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Sun Apr 6 14:58:33 UTC 2008

there appears to be an issue with dependencies in linking the new qt4 build
and you also have an existing qt3 build installed on the same system.

-L/usr/lib is inserted before all other paths. thus its linking with the
existing installed libs instead of the new libs and thus cant resolve some
symbols (mythfrontend in particular).

not sure how to fix this yet short of removing myth from the build machine
which I dont want to do for obvious reasons.
It may be in config.mak where it unnecessarily inserts them for various
device libs.
will report when I figure it out if noone else does first.

mark