[mythtv] new defer transcode feature also defers user jobs.

wes white wwhite74 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 03:52:04 UTC 2008

I have a user job (#3) set to run myth2ipod.
I have my "defer transcode" set at 1 day.
The myth2ipod jobs would also stay queued till the transcode ran. also
meaning myth2ipod would convert the lower quality transcoded file.
The transcode had a schedruntime of "+1 day at midnight" and the
myth2ipod had the time the job was added (end of program airing)

after a little looking into the database, i adjusted the inserttime on
the transcode job 1 sec later.
my myth2ipod jobs then ran immediately, and the transcodes ran at the
correct time. which is my understanding of how this should happen.

My guess is whatever part of the job queue that looks for the next
job, is getting the 2 rows mixed up since they have the same chanid,
starttime and inserttime but different schedruntime

I can by no means fix this myself, but hopefully someone who knows
what they're doing can.

i have now written a little cron job / php script (may not be the best
way, but it's what I know) that automatically adds 2 seconds to the
inserttime  of the transcode if it finds duplicate  (chanid, starttime
and inserttime) records
my myth2ipod jobs now run as soon as they can, while the transcodes
are put off till the next day.

MythTV Version   : exported
MythTV Branch    : tags/release-0-21
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend
using_dbox2 using_directfb using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live