[mythtv] Eit fixup coding howto?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Sep 28 23:27:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 19:15 -0400, manu wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> I use a dvb-s card with mythtv, the provider is canalsatellite caraibes
> (the
> alter-ego though lesser quality of the French provider).
> The eit does not work at all (everything is unknown). I know there is
> now/next
> info embedded with every prog as I can get it while watching a channel.

MythTV does not use now/next.

> Moreover there is an epg channel that you can consult separetely with a
> few
> days AFAICT, though it could be only one day worth I am not sure.

You should make sure this is the only channel that has the useonairguide
flag set. You can set this in mythtv-setup in the Channel editor.

> So... the question: I have seen that there are "fixups"for the eit
> scanner,where can I find some docs (if there is something else than the
> source) and what kind of info I need (eg the TS of the epg channel, the
> standards...)

"fixups" are only used to extract additional information from the
description and other fields of the EIT data. Since you aren't getting
any data fixups are irrelevant.

Most likely you either imported a channels.conf instead of scanning
for channels within MythTV and so don't have the proper information
in your channel and dtv_multiplex tables, or the EIT scanning is
disabled; at either the video source or channel level. Alternatively
you could be wrong about that EPG channel having usable EIT information.

This is really a question for the user's mailing list right now,
once you're getting data we can help you write a fix up routine
if you need it.

-- Daniel