[mythtv] Schema updates

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Sep 26 06:48:01 UTC 2007

    > Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:32:15 +1000
    > From: Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au>

    > On 03/03/2007, at 2:48 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > > I'm mentioning
    > > this as yes another plea for CONFIRMATION before an auto-schema-
    > > upgrade,
    > > unless there's a flag set in the database that says, "Yes, I'd like to
    > > live dangerously."  It would have made my testing much easier if I
    > > could have depended upon that behavior.]

    > 6.5 months later, I have produced a patch for this.

Yes, I noticed!  I saw your commit go by and was about to say "thanks"
when I saw this message.  So, thanks!  (I haven't yet read the actual
code of the patch.)

    > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4013

    > (the UPnP autoconf stuff finally pushed the
    >   "rogue update" risk to unacceptable levels,
    >   after I accidentally upgraded my home box :-)

As soon as I saw the autodiscovery stuff start getting patched in---
PIN or no---I was -wondering- who was going to get killed first, but I
figured I'd better not open my mouth on the topic again until I had a
patch ready to submit.  (And doing so first meant setting up a fairly
isolated test machine or two, which was pending on various other
things that probably wouldn't have happened until October sometime.)

Is this going to be considered enough of a bug to go into 20.2-fixes,
or is this strictly a 21.x thing?  (Obviously, it won't help anyone
until their backend is at -least- that new, so my old backend is at
risk until I'm running your patch---though cpinkham's [I think] idea
of just setting my schema version to 9999 and then setting it back
before upgrade is certainly a tempting failsafe... :)