[mythtv] new widget in mythtv ui

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Sep 23 12:07:16 UTC 2007

Justin Hornsby wrote:
> Besides, won't it complicate menu navigation to have more than one
> type of button on the menu screens?  It's currently very easy to see
> where you are in menus.  Putting radio buttons/check boxes on the menu
> screens will only confuse the issue IMHO.

It wouldn't have to.  If, say, the "transcode this recording" item had a
visible, understandable check box* beside the text, and hitting the left or
right button just toggled the check box on/off rather than changing the text,
the *feel* would be pretty much unchanged (unless you hit enter over it), but
the *look* would be different.  Some might find the check box a natural
presentation for Boolean information.

*not like those check boxes that change colors to indicate whether or not
they're checked -- where you have to puzzle over whether it's light blue or
dark blue that means it's selected.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you