[mythtv] first contribution

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 20 18:00:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 11:05 -0400, hendrixski wrote:
> Cool, thanks.  Now generally does the dev who grabs the ticket make some
> small changes to the patch themselves before committing, or do they send
> it back to the patch submitter with comments and wait for a fix before
> committing?

This depends on the developer. I usually just make the changes myself
if they are minor, especially if it's someone's first submission. But
I comment on any deficiencies and if the same ones are present in the
next submission I'll make the patch submitter make the needed changes.

>   If I were to fix those things now what is "best
> practices":  just replace the file on the bugtracker, or post a new one
> with a note like "XY and Z fixed"?

Post a new patch, preferably with the same name but with a version
number attached. I use -v1.patch, -v2.patch, etc.

-- Daniel